Looking for a job near Petersfield, Havant and Waterlooville? We are a small facilities management company based in Langrish who are actively looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Accounts Department.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Concorde House, Langrish, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 1RJ (Office-based role)
Hours: Part Time (25hrs a week)
We are seeking a highly organised Accounts Assistant to join our dynamic Accounts team. As an integral member, you will be responsible for various accounting functions, providing crucial support, and covering additional roles within the department during holidays or sick leaves. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills, coupled with a strong background in accountancy. Proficiency in Excel, Sage Accounts, Sage Payroll, is preferred, along with recent experience in a similar role within a medium-sized business.
- Daily entry of invoices into CLIK (Company Management System – Training provided) and Sage Accounting System, reconciling supplier statements, and resolving any supplier queries.
- Preparation of weekly wages for staff and operatives, including expenses and allowances, and processing them onto Sage Payroll.
- General office administration, including filing, updating databases, and maintaining organized records.
- Processing supplier payment runs to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Administration of Dartford Tunnel, Congestion Charges, and RAC for vehicles.
- Updating insurance schedules for vehicle additions/disposals.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with reconciliations, VAT returns, and other financial tasks.
- Analysing all credit card transactions as necessary.
- Managing sales ledger invoicing, receipting, and debt collection.
- Undertaking other administrative duties as and when required by the Finance Manager.
- Experience as an Accounts Assistant in a similar role would be beneficial, however we will consider candidates with a strong administrative background and willingness to learn.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in Sage Accounts, and Sage Payroll is desirable
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and reconciliation.
- Some knowledge of financial regulations and compliance.
- Flexibility to cover additional roles within the department during holidays or sick leaves.
- Monday to Friday.
- Initially 25 hours per week with the potential to increase.
- Working hours to be agreed with the successful candidate – with flexible hours available
If you are a motivated individual with a keen interest in finance and/or accountancy and possess the required skills and experience, we invite you to apply for this varied and rewarding role. Please submit a brief cover email and CV outlining your relevant qualifications and experience to
Benefits: Casual workwear, workplace pension, Life Assurance programme, training opportunities and a friendly working environment including office dogs!
If you are a motivated individual with a keen interest in finance and/or accountancy and possess the required skills and experience, we invite you to apply for this varied and rewarding role.
To apply, please email your CV and a brief Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Please note this posting will close once we have found the suitable candidate and therefore we encourage you to apply sooner.